Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Buddha-ful: Starbucks is the downfall of us all.

Day No.: 13
Today I'm feeling: Decent, but I think that's the caffiene/sugar talking
The last thing I had to eat/drink was: A stick of sugar-free gum
 
Okay, i'll admit it: I knew that the Chai latte had sugar in it. BUT HOT DAMN I didn't know a TALL had 35 grams in it!
Soooooo I suppose my venti didn't bode well with me this morning. JEEZ.
Not to mention, I had a SCONE this morning. It wasn't worth it. Serves me right.
 
I've pretty much fallen almost all the way off the bandwagon, but i'm still hanging on by a sinuous thread. I'm going to take some time to get back up, but I've not given up yet.
I'll post this up on twitter in a bit, but last night I had some super awesome Yook Gae Jang. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the term, it's a Korean soup dish that I am smitten with. It does include a little carb - cellophane noodles - but they're really minimal. Cellophane noodles (or glass noodles as they're sometimes called here) are made from mung bean. Beans are generally classified as legumes, but can get a bit heavier in calories, so many people stay away from it. Personally, I think they're fine.
 
Anyway, Yook Gae Jang is a sometimes spicy soup that includes shredded beef, egg, green onion and noodles. It's been AMAZING in this cold weather (by cold, I mean RAINY. It's probably averaging about 75 degrees with all this rain). In most Korean BBQ spots around here, it comes with 3-5 choices of vegetables. I like choi sum, bean sprouts, tofu. egg omlettes, kim chee, and the occasional potato (not as of late). I'm actually probably going to get some today for lunch ^__^, and possibly more for dinner. It's soooo addicting, and not that bad for you at all.
 
It looks like my schedule is going to change drastically next semester, and i'll probably become a day student, or maybe even go completely online. The thought of staying in my jammies almost all day is pretty awesome... but I hear procrastination ringing, and sometimes the spent gasoline is worth getting an A instead of a C. This also means that I may have an awesome workout schedule! I've been trying to fit working out into my daily schedule, but sleep trumps working out, anyday. Monday through Thursday is completely blocked out, so I only have the weekend as of now. But I can possibly fit an early morning workout before class starting January, so i'm looking forward to getting my classes set up.
 
Well, that's it for today. I learned my lesson while reading that scary nutritional value information online. No more Chai lattes for me, and most definitely no more scones. I'm thinking of getting the full-leaf Chai tea and adding some soy in it instead. Also, eating oatmeal at home will be much cheaper and much more healthy. I have fallen a long way, and good god, this horse is tall. I've got a ladder here somewhere...
 
PinkStar26

No comments:

Post a Comment