Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Daily Pink!: Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010

Yay, one day closer to the weekend. And trust me, it is going to be a GREAT weekend.
Anywho, I'm looking forward to tonight! One of me and Michael's friends is coming over to help restring my guitar (yes, I have a guitar, and no, I don't know how to play it. It needs to strings because our guest tried playing with it last time and it snapped :O). He's mostly vegetarian, so we decided to make our very own shabu shabu night!
For those of you that don't know (and this is assuming people read my blog, and also assuming that they reside in mainland America), the term "shabu shabu" means "swish swish" in Japanese, and it refers to a Japanese style of a hot pot meal. Almost like sukiyaki, but not as sweet.
The only thing missing of course, is the actual hot POT. I don't have one. But I do plan to get one (I might as well add a kotatsu to that list, then we can all re-enact scenes from Nodame Cantabile or Azumanga Diaoh... was that really nerdy of me to say?). For now, we'll use use a regular pot, and everyone can help themselves to boiled goodies.
Last night I bought:
- Dashi specifically made for shabu shabu
- Ponzu dipping sauce
- Sesame dipping sauce
- Chinese cabbage
- Bean Sprouts
- Sweet Potato
- Gyoza
- Edamame
- Tofu
- Udon
- Wagyu Beef (I think it's Wagyu... we might have gone for the cheaper one)
I guess it would be better with white rice, but we've got jasmine brown. Healthy style!
Shabu shabu is actually quite healthy, because you're boiling everything instead of frying and using oil and butter. It may get a little high in sodium, but that's better than high in fat and sugar.
I am soooo~ excited!!!
...and I WAS having a good day until my boss told me I need to be friendlier and say hi to everyone. =/ (wth.)
Hope everyone has a great day (better than mine)!
PinkStar26

No comments:

Post a Comment